Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Grandma McCray

We are leaving tomorrow morning for Snowflake, AZ. Dan's maternal grandmother, Jean McCray, passed away. Her passing has been more of a relief for her loved ones. She suffered terribly from illness for months and is now at peace. I can imagine that she is grateful to be with her dear eternal companion once again. She loved her boy and missed him these past 11 years. It is comforting to think that she had a good life, was a very righteous woman, and now can enjoy the fruits of her labors.

We are traveling out to be among the many, many loved ones at her services. The kids are excited to be present with all their other cousins there, all 17 from this line. We will also be able to have Halloween together. Grammie and Grandad will have their hands full of stinkers! We'll let you know how it all went.

1 comment:

sheilandave said...

Well, I have a blog now- a real one so I can better keep in touch. Reeses peices was a lame attempt and dave thought his idea of sheilandave was so genious he had to have that be the name. haha what a funny boy. It was really good seeing you guys in Snowflake, it makes me remember how much I miss you! You are so fun to have around, maybe one day we will live close? Tell your mom hi for me, it sure was nice having you two on my side during the summer when all everyone else wanted to do was defend Dave. It's good to know you have my back:) Man, I'm not sure I would have made it through without you... you're great! Miss you guys,
Sheil