Sunday, May 18, 2008

Another Day of Church

Another week has rolled around much too quickly and it is the Sabbath once again. As usual, we all awoke by 7am (why not 8 or 9?) and lazily began our preparations for Church. Everyone bathed, ate, and dressed in their Sunday attire. Little girls' hair was fixed, snacks were prepared, and scriptures rounded up. The final inspection was made.

Of course, Dallin looked rumpled & messy in his nice black dress pants and white shirt. His pants fit in the waist, but they never seem to stay up where a normal waist would be. They may fit his waist, but look peculiar because they do not seem to fit in any other way. They are too long in the torso and legs. But that is what you get when your child's waist has expanded while the rest of him hasn't grown as fast. To top off the look, we found out too late that his shoes will no longer fit with ANY socks, so he wore tennis shoes. He couldn't find any of 3 ties and his belt no longer fits, so he went without both. Thank goodness his hair was buzzed, so his hair didn't look messy as well. That's my cute boy!

We arrived to Sacrament early, chased Cole a few times around the pews, and found our seats. I am pleasantly surprised that Cole was good for a whole 45 minutes. That last talk found him out in the foyer with Dad. Em slept and 3 bigger children behaved. I actually heard 75% of what was said. And that last 25% was my fault, I no longer have the attention span I once had.

The closing song is always my signal to leave because I am the Senior Nursery Leader. I arrived in class to find the previous ward still occupying it, so I waited for my opening to set up. I never get a chance to set up entirely before the kids arrive. It is very frustrating. The rest of class can be best described as "poopy". We had Em's constipation issues and a very messy emergency clean up. Basically we had poop smeared all over the bathroom and a child, got that cleaned up, and had a toilet overflow. Fun. The rest of class was fine.

After leaving Church late, we came home for lunch. Mom had taken Aubree and Zoe to visit my grandparents. Dallin entertained himself while Mom & Cole napped in one room and Dad & Em napped in another. That was an amazing phenomenon. We never both get naps, especially at the same time. Wow.

It is now dinner time and I do not know where the day went. At least I can say I got a nap for once. I will likely read more from the book "Mormon Scientist: The Life and Faith of Henry Eyring" by Henry J. Eyring. Dan got it as his B-Day present from his mommy & daddy. Very interesting.

And that's our day!

No comments: