Saturday, January 30, 2010

Reorganizing the chaos that is my bedroom...

I have spent a good deal of time today reorganizing our bedroom. Its the room that seems to accumulate all the leftover "crap" from every other place in the house. Our bedroom closet is so full, everything trickles it way into our bedroom.

We have several bookshelves that aren't being used properly, so I moved a small one out and 2 larger ones in. They look nicer, if nothing else. I now have 2 shelves, 2 desks, 2 computers, and 2 dressers in my room. Its time to get some stuff outta here!

I am taking the behemoth desk we have been using for the past 10 years out (it is as ugly as sin) and replacing it with one of my trash treasures (found out at the curb for FREE). It is smaller and will look TONS better once painted (same mossy green as the base cabinet in my kitchen).

One of the computers needs to be mailed out. It is a loaner from K12 from when we did home school. Those days are SO over! And that computer is SO outta here! Woohoo!

I have been narrowing down the books I plan to keep. I don't know why getting rid of home school books is so hard. I guess they cost so stinking much. But I need to regain some space. So out go about 75% of those suckas! Goodbye!

Papers, papers, papers... I now have a large trash bag full of papers. I hated going through all of that. But its done. What's that I hear? Angels singing?

Its nearly done. I am just so burned out already that I do not want to finish. But I will. And I will be pleased with the results.

Tomorrow we have guests coming over. Maddi (the cutie bug I will be watching soon) is coming over with her Mom and Dad. We are having dinner. And the house needs to look good. We have been cleaning all day (everyone) and we are all tired of it. But the house is presentable now. I'll just keep everyone out of my bedroom...

No comments: