Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dieting and Exercising... again.

I had posted a year ago about trying to lose weight. I did. But I didn't keep it up. So here I go again!
I have a long way to go, but I am going to plan for "slow and steady" and not give up. I feel better when I eat right and stay active and I am setting my goals at fitness, not hotness. I plan to lose 20 lbs by July. And in July I will set another goal for more. I have taken an extra step at the weight loss by rejoining the YMCA. Paying for that monthly charge is another motivation to workout regularly. Because I am cheap. LOL.
I have done an excellent job so far with my eating habits and for the first time ever I do not feel deprived. That's amazing. I don't want that junk anymore because it got me where I am now... in trouble! I still have been allowing myself a treat, but it just doesn't consume my thoughts like it did. I have been kinda counting calories and fat and carbs. And watching my portions. But mostly just using the 1/4 protein, 1/4carbs, 1/2 veggies and fruit thing. I feel so much better and I get to eat stuff that actually tastes good!
My mind is set and I am working hard. I feel like I can stay focused and make this a permanent habit this time. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

No comments: